Vocational schools provide students with career-oriented instruction in an array of fields such as art, culinary studies, auto repair, film, allied health, and information technology. These programs are offered in traditional classroom environments as well as online.
Other factors to consider when choosing a vocational school include:
- Student completion rate - How many students complete the entire program?
- Placement record - What are the school's statistics on placing graduates in their career field?
- Facilities - How up-to-date are the classrooms, labs, libraries, etc.?
- Tuition and fees - What is the basic tuition and how comprehensive are financial aid packages? What are the hidden fees? What is the policy on refunds?
- Services - Does the school offer counseling services? Does the career services office work with students seeking internships as well as jobs after graduation?